Wild chestnuts - 19.09.2018

Yet another inspiring day. Though outside was hot, 30 C degrees, it smells autumn. I took the usually round on the island together with my dog and I found some wild chestnuts on the ground. Luckily I was equipped with my watercolors and my Moleskine travel sketchbook so I decided to find a quiet spot for a sketch. I found a bench near the river and I proceeded with my work. I have to thank to my dog that it was patient enough to let me finish the watercolor. When it was done it came in my mind a beautiful poem I learned in primary school and I added 2 stanzas I remembered well. The poem is written by George Topîrceanu and is called "Rapsodii de toamnā" (Autumn Rhapsody).
I tried to translate the stanzas for the non-Romanian speakers. It sounds weird but I hope is helpful.

"... On the hilltop emerged the Autumn,
The fairy of the melancholic tune,
The terror of the flowers and the Lady
Of the Curcubits ...

Long is floating towards the valley,
As in an aura of glory,
Over her triumphal thigh
Her illusory veil ...


Support: Moleskine Watercolor Album, Cold-pressed paper, 200g/m2, 25% cotton fiber, 21x13 cm. 
Colors: Winsor & Newton, Professional Water Colour



Comments